2009-04-13

Revision

I've been looking over my work. To be perfectly frank there is only one verse, amongst all of those I'm reworked, that I'm totally happy with, lyrically, and that's the hunter verse in Rein Raus (one of my first):

I am the hunter
You are my prey
I had you running
Now you're at bay
You hit the wall
I go straight through
And all is right when I open you


With that in mind I am mainly going to focus on the songs I've already begun work on (See the LILTS list on the right side of the page) for a while. I might start another one, but I think I need to concentrate on quality over quantity with this.

I think a lot of people probably think I'm a bit barmy for doing this, and they might be right. I'm really enjoying it though. I've never done anything like this before, always preferring to create something new from scratch, and somehow I always peter out in the end, and never do anything with it. My paintings, my novel, which I had almost finished, my own poetry; every single one of them palled.

The fact that I'm publishing the LILT project probably helps keep me interested, because I have someone other than myself to please. This means I have to set my standards high, and be constantly going back to scrutinise what I'm doing. That's a good thing.

Influencing my standards is also the possibility that the original author might see this at some point. It would be mortifying to do a shitty job in that case, especially when I love his work so much.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is it might be a bit boring reading this page for a while, as there won't be a lot of new songs coming up. It's going to be rehashes of those I've started, with maybe another thrown in to mix things up. I do intend to keep posting my ruminations on the subject of Rammstein and their meanings. If you know something I don't, or think I'm hopelessly lost, please do comment or email me, as Rammgirl did. I'm happy to be corrected, but would hate to screw things up.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment