2009-04-27

Cleanse the Palate

I'm sorry about that. Just so we stay on track here's another (much more appropriate) picture. I'll also confirm that Sonne is next, even though I don't like boxing. The sun is the boxer and it never sets. I'm guessing the boxer is a good one, so he's probably killed a fair number of brain cells in his time.

When I think of bright light and boxing I think of the flash that you see when you take a hit to the head, or the flaring pain of a hard blow to any part of the body. All I can think of is pain and damage. The sun as a source of light or glory doesn't come to mind. That said this is a fighter's anthem, rather than verse describing the realities of the pugilistic science, so I won't criticise the imagery further.

I'd like to have a beer with Lindemann one day, and talk to him about his verse. It's probably not something he talks about (I don't talk about my own, save the remarks relating to Spark posted here), but I'd be keen to learn more about the way he thinks. He's obviously got a formidable mind. I wonder if he is a little bit crazy, or if he's just very sensitive. Maybe it's a bit of both.

I'd also like to know what the band's process is for composing and arranging their work. There's no such thing as a right or wrong way to develop a creation, be it a painting or a song, but there are some ways that work better than others, and the singular success Rammstein has when it comes to consistently turning out quality work is impressive.

I'm sure part of it is simply down to the way the six men interact with one another, but there is probably some method to the madness as well.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment