2009-04-13

Indomitable Buck


If you've read this site back to the beginning you might remember me discussing the characters the band members adopt on stage, in particular Flake's "indomitable rabbit buck". I have a rabbit buck myself, called Heikki, who is very gentle, affectionate, and rather attached to me.

On Easter Friday my rabbit and that belonging to my husband had a fight, and as my much smaller rabbit was getting the shit kicked out of him I decided to try and extract him from the fray. Unfortunately I didn't tell him first, and he thought I was the other rabbit and bit into my hand. He then, while still holding onto me, kicked out twice, hard. He was contrite as soon as he realised it was me, but the damage was done. He ripped a hole in my hand that I couldn't cope with, and I ended up at the local hospital being super-glued shut [while huffing nitrous], given a shot, and put on antibiotics.

I guess what I'm trying to say is my point about Flake's on-stage character is a good one. Never underestimate your prey. Never write off anyone (or thing) based on superficial characteristics. Never disparage geeks. Never push someone around until you know what they're capable of. You'll just get reamed, and deservedly so.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment