2009-05-04

LILT: Mutter 1.0

Okay, so I got the basics down faster than I expected. Note that this is very much early days:

The ancient children shed their tears
I thread those onto a white hair
I hurl the whole thing in the air
And wish that I had my own mother

No sun shines down for me
There's no milk-filled breast to feed
There's a tube that chokes my gullet
I've no navel on my stomach

Mother

I never had nipples to suck on
I had no warm place I was tucked in
I've never had my own name
Sired in haste and without semen

To the mother that never bore me
I have on this night sworn
That I'll send her a deadly fever
Then submerge her in the river

Mother

In her lungs there lives an eel
On my forehead the mark is sealed
Purge it with the kiss of a knife
Even if it ends my life

Mother

In her lungs there lives an eel
On my forehead the mark is sealed
Purge it with a knife's keen edge
Even if I bleed to death

Mother
Oh grant me strength


[lyrics][discuss]

2 comments:

  1. Hello Milla,
    My name is Satu Nordlund and I live in Finland. I wrote you something on the Rammstein fans -site. I have been reading now some of these texts of yours and find them interesting. I understood that you like to know if somebody reads your texts and that´s why I´m writing to you now. Bye Bye (I don´t know how one should finish this kind of text in english :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, hi Satu. Thanks for that, and for your post on Herzeleid. I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm.

    In English you can finish of this kind of text however you like. Or you can Finnish it instead :)

    I really look forward to seeing how you find Klavier...

    ReplyDelete