2009-05-12

What if...?

Most of Rammstein's songs involve sex, violence, or both of them. Many involve fire and/or water. Almost all of them are about love in some shape. They're all about people. There are recurring themes. Like many people, I speculate about the themes Till uses in his songs.

What I'd like to know is whether all the imagery and ideas for the songs' words are Till's, or if the other band members throw out ideas for him to work with. What I'd also like to know is whether or not he takes poems he's already written and adapts those into lyrics to work with new music. Does he perhaps write lyrics, and then when music that suits the subject matter comes up, adapt those lyrics to work? How much do his poems and his lyrics overlap?

The reason for this speculation is my own recent thoughts about all the poetry I've written and binned throughout my life. I've only just gained an interest in lyrics, but I've written hundreds of poems over the years, and don't have any of them now.

What if I'd kept them?

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment