2009-03-28

Vandal

I want to add a small piece of background to my work on Zerstören, because I have added a tint to the song that isn't in the original, and that should be addressed.

The cowardice of my vandal does not necessarily fit with the Destroyer of the German version. I'm pretty sure the original is about vandalism, but the 'if I can get away with it' detail is entirely fabricated by me. I'm sure a lot of vandals are more blatant than mine, and I'm pretty sure Lindemann had no intent to convey this yellow streak in his song. His lyrics are more about the angst and the fury, whereas mine have that added this colouring of not caring to get caught.

It's the 'if I can get away' lines that add this. I will change them soon to remove this aspect of the story, as it's not true to the Rammstein song. This does go against my original intent with Lilt, so it's bugging me.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment