2009-03-30

Rammstein's Pedigree

Rammstein defies pigeonholing. They're not straight Metal with those dance beats, they're too industrial to be Dance, they sing love songs that sound like love songs (I defy any balladeer to outdo Ohne Dich for heart-rending emotion), and they're very sure of themselves. I think Metal raped Dance and the spawn of that unlikely coupling is Rammstein. The gentler songs are a little out there, but they're very good at them, so we'll just assume a freak mutation causes those.

What are they? If you have to put them into a genre then we need a new one: Industrial Love Dance? I think they should just stay unclassified, or simply be a class unto themselves. The genre is Rammstein...

[discuss]

2 comments:

  1. It's like Paul said -- Rammstein ist Rammstein. And that's all she wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Cool. I might mess up interpretation of the lyrics, but I do get some thing right :)

    ReplyDelete