2009-03-29

Zerstören in Iraq

Rammchick has passed on some information I didn't have previously, which I find is all over the place. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll take any excuse to rip Bush a new one, and this song now becomes much more sympathetic to me. Suddenly my yellow streak seems more appropriate. I'm not putting it back in, but I will be putting a lot more work into this piece now I have this information.

The Bush administration got away with murder and vandalism. During their reign I considered the US to be one of the bad guys, something I'd never done before. I welcome the information that this song, which describes a contemptible lack of respect for others, describes GWB and his cronies. It all makes sense to me now in a way it couldn't before.

I'll post a new draft of Zerstören when I can.

[discuss]

Update 1219hrs: Our anonymous poster is no longer anonymous :)

4 comments:

  1. Oops -- sorry -- the anonymous poster was me -- I goofed! But I'm glad the info was helpful. I'm from the US and have no love lost for GWB. That Till skewered him was all the better in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool. Good to know who it was.

    GWB did more harm to global perceptions about the US than many Americans know, I think. He made the US a villain, while trying to make out he was a hero. That's pretty dark. Now the tide of public opinion over there seems oriented the right way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we're pretty optimistic about things these days. It's so wonderful to have a president who knows what words mean and can actually pronounce them ;)

    Sorry for the confusion earlier -- I hit "Post" without realizing I hadn't put my name in. And hey -- you should check out some of our fan sites -- if you happen to drop by LJ, I'm aquila0212.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to check out the sites. What are the URLs?

    ReplyDelete