2009-08-07

Sounds Like Concrete

While my skepticism was based on rational processes I'm happy to say I was wrong. The Gauntlet has posted to Herzeleid's boards with this:
Sorry, I haven't stopped by here recently. Wasn't there a news section? Anyways, I have confirmed many times via multiple sources that Rammstein has infact signed a distro deal with Vagrant Records. The news was first broke here
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/307/16542/Rammstein-signs-with-Vagrant-Records.html

Anyways, to make sure it wasn't a mispost like a few months ago, I spoke with management (Pilgrim), Vagrant, and PR. All confirmed and said in the next week or so to expect more news, including release dates, songs titles, album cover, etc. an online publicist has been retained for a few months so it is close and they wouldn't have hired her unless they had lots of news to send out.

As have have in the past, I will post things both on my site and here, but will also comment here and do my best to track down responses from the powers that are working the album. Stay tuned, the hour is upon us.


That's a bit more like it! That sort of citation should have been in the original article.

Further to that he/she/it says:
A distro deal is just using a labels distribution network and manufacturing to get a CD in stores. Instead of Vagrant Records handling the album, press, licensing, etc, they just take the finished album and get it into stores. Chances are, if you go into your local CD shop and don't see albums by Alexisonfire, Senses Fail, and Thrice, you won't find Rammstein there either. I am assuming the band has their own label at this point, most likely setup with their management as they still need a label.


[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment