2009-08-14

Profane Profundity

The Gauntlet has posted the Terrorizer preview of the new album (eight tracks). It sounds like we're in for a treat. Someone recently complained of the shallowness of the track title 'Pussy' (track titles have been out and about for a little while now), but it sounds like the name is entirely appropriate, given the English lyrics cited:
"You've got a pussy/I've got a dick/So what's the problem?/Let's do it quick!"

Classy! No, I think that one might be aptly named.

The three remaining tracks aren't all dark horses. The leaked one is, of course, amongst them. This leaves two to tantalise us with their...dark-horsiness*.

It would seem, from the nine tracks that have one way or another made themselves heard, that Rammstein are not selling out, dumbing down, or otherwise being pussies all of a sudden. I've read complaints that their more recent albums (all pretty old now) were softer than the early stuff, more poppy, heading for more lightweight sounds, etc. The preview would indicate that this trend is not being continued, if it's there at all. I personally think eclecticism and evolution are important the Rammstein product, so I'm happy to go with the flow, but for those who fell for the band because of their early sound this is good news.

The preview also tells us that the same courage the band have always shown where getting their teeth into the dark side is concerned is alive and well. Most importantly of all, for me, their sense of humour is running at the fore. I now want the damned album more than ever.

* I just made that word up. I don't think I can claim poetic licence, so I'll just go with 'I don't give a shit'.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment