2009-08-13

Cynicism

I'm an idealist in a lot of ways, but I also have a cynical streak. That's come out in the way I look at the promotional stuff coming out for LIFAD. The magazine ad says this:
Schönes Fräulein lust auf Mehr

Which seems to mean 'a beautiful woman desires more'. I take that to imply that hot chicks are more demanding. Make sense? Okay, now consider the Tweet from LIFAD:
Kein Werk ist zu niedrig, das aus Liebe getan wird.

So 'no work is too low, that is undertaken out of love'? In the context of the ad it sounds to me like some hot chick saying 'there should be nothing he won't do for me'.

Another interpretation is that beautiful women have stronger desires and that anything is worth it for love. I don't see it. Am I too jaded?

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment