2009-08-01

New Music

I keep seeing translations (probably identical to one another, if I took the time to study them) of the leaked track and it's intriguing, simply because it's the first new lyric from Rammstein in a long time. I'm not going to adapt it though.

Firstly, because I am an old-fashioned girl and have serious objections to the theft of this track in the first place. To adapt it would be to condone the leak. Secondly, because I'm not sure it's a song that would be remotely cool in English (would have to pay more attention to it than I'm willing to at this stage). Thirdly, because of the approach that has been taken to this leak by Pilgrim/Universal Music. I think they'd not only thump me with a C&D, but they'd probably shut LILT down as well.

You might be thinking that the third reason is probably first, but funnily enough it's not. I'm really edgy about IP rights. I've had my art ripped off before, and I've been in a situation where I was one of the people protecting a company's rights over their IP, and to be very honest IP theft really fucks me off. I'd be the first to C&D if asked by any IP owner, lawyer's approach, court order, or no.

I've been asked by a few people if I've got the leaked material. Whether I do or not is moot. I wouldn't distribute it or work with it even if it was in my possession. I certainly haven't sought it, and will not until I can buy it as part of the new album. I certainly wouldn't admit to having it if the leaked file was here, so you'll get a negative reply whether I have it or not. This makes asking an exercise in futility. I'm not only a moral bitch, I'm a highly irritating one too.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment