2009-06-29

Clearing the Table

I've just promoted a bunch of LILTs to the top shelf (you might have noticed). I'm not only anticipating the new album coming out (hopefully) in three or so months. I'm also looking at all the new LILTs I've started in the past ten days, and thinking too many of the older ones have stagnated for too long. Time to shit or get off the pot!

On another note, I'm trying to work out how to write lyrics for an instrumental piece. I don't have sheet music for the Apocalyptica pieces I'm considering writing for, and can't afford to buy any right now. I've also never done this before. If anyone reading this is a real lyricist can you please get in touch, and perhaps give me some tips?

At this point I'm thinking I'll put together a video and put my lyrics over it with the music, sort of like a karaoke track. I don't know any other way to get across the timing and cadence of my words for a singer to work with.

Amazing how little one considers these things until it's time to knuckle down...

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment