2010-06-12

The Kiss-Off

This is more about Combichrist's Joe Letz and Kiss than Rammstein, but bear with me.

Recently DoktorDoom shared this video. Just over five minutes into it Kiss are highly dismissive of Rammstein. Now, I'm a Kiss fan from way back (when they were skinny), but that kind of arrogance stopped being cool when the 80s crashed, so I like their music a lot better than their attitude.

Today I decided it was high time I caught up with the Combichrist (read: Joe's) blog, and I found this little gem:
COMBICHRIST / RAMMSTEIN part 2: london, UK, rammstein support June 11, 2010, 02:55:pm
THIS SHOW HAPPENED ON: february 4th, 2010

woke up somewhere pretty cool today. at wembley stadium. RIP freddie mercury. i taped that concert on VHS when i was a kid and watched it constantly. knockin on heaven's door was a real tear jerker. but then again, so was E.T. back then. anyways, we didn't play in the stadium though that would have ruled. we played in the arena next door which still holds like 15,000. that shit was sold out. KISS is playing here in a couple weeks. that shit AIN'T sold out.... put the nails in the coffin dudes... seriously ;-)...
Nice. Thank you Joe. I'd buy you a beer, but you're way the hell over there, so buy yourself one and drink to me.

Hold on...

4 comments:

  1. I thought that was very funny too, other people noticed that in the queues into the Arena.

    I was slightly disappointed that Joe didn't write more about the concert (or the UK ones in general), I was interested in what he thought of the crowd etc, as apparently both Combichrist and Rammstein had been quite coolly received in Manchester and Birmingham?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Joe has gone from talking about shows and crowds, and occasionally Rammstein, to writing more about the Combichrist 'behind the scenes' action, and he has stopped discussing Rammstein altogether.

    I'm guessing it's about what sticks in his mind, more than anything else. He's an old hand at touring with the Germans now, so it's all less novel and exciting than it was. It's a miracle he remembers anything, really, when you consider it. I have no idea how old Joe is, but he makes me feel very, very old, and very boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gene seems he has a bad attitude in a way in the interview.But didn't Rammstein and Kiss tour together in the late 90s?
    I read an article about Rammstein touring with Bands back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, and apparently blew them out of the water with their stage show. It may be that this is the source of the ungracious behaviour at RAR. I imagine there's nothing quite so irrtating to a long-time American rock star than being outshone by a pack of Eastern upstarts singing in a foreign language.

    ReplyDelete