2009-12-24

Tilting at Demons

Now, here's something for the fan-girls to take home to their mothers:


Oh yeah, Lindemann to the core. I've previously described this man as a medieval fortress with charisma, a fleshy tank, fist-like, and an intellectual TARDIS, but I've never called him beautiful. I think he is in this video, almost definitely because of the post-production work, possibly because of the careful lighting, probably because he's putting a lot of effort to make bedroom eyes throughout. Either way, well done!

Now I need to post the lilac eyes picture, just because it's so damned absurd. I'm sorry, but after my teenage explorations into romantic fiction, with the inane fixation such authors have with oddly-coloured eyes, this strikes me as funny. I can't think of a less Mills & Boon-ish figure than this:



Something I commented on in an earlier post was how the mishap with Till's cheek-piercing lead to some rather unnecessary mirroring, so they could light him on one side and hide the wire going into his mouth on the other. Here is where they took it to an extreme, yet made no effort to disguise it by masking his distinctive scarring - duh:



Another right royal balls-up was with the split tongue idea. Now, the human tongue is a nasty article, but it has certain physical properties that you can't ignore, such as depth, also known as thickness. I don't care to speculate on the career of Lindemann's tongue, but I have doubts that it is in fact one pixel thick, don't you?



Yes, enough of that now.









The production values were high in this video, on the whole. The lilac eyes, 2D tongue, and the twinned plasma were the only glaring faults I found. Yes, twinned plasma. You know the Tesla coil and how it makes lightning, right? If you don't then google is your friend. Go read about it. Anyway, the fact is that plasma is a bit like snowflakes...sort of. Whether or not that makes sense (sorry) it does not appear in the same form over and over again. This can only happen under the influence of a tired, or possibly lazy, post-production gimp:




Yes, you are seeing the same plasma animation moving up those two Tesla towers. Oopsy-daisy.

The last two stills are shots of Till's mic'. The first one is rather classy, being his Mein Teil mic' from the Reise Reise tour:



Cool! We all liked that mic', because it went with the master butcher costume and the lovely blood-toned costmetics Till wears so well. The other mic' is something a bit different:



Oh now, Till, that's just manky, man. You don't know where that's been. Grubby bastard.

Anyway, here endeth the nitpicking. The next, and probably last installment of my review will be all about the less quantifiable aspects of the video. If you can stand more of my ruminations check back in the next few days.

[discuss]

2 comments:

  1. I've just begun to wonder...who goes to the sex shop and picks up this stuff? Does Till go and pick it out personally, or is this a job for some lowly, unpaid intern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling some underling would be roped into sourcing props, unless they make their own...

    ReplyDelete