2009-12-24

In Pursuit of Trivia

Okay, this is an exercise in illustration, as I don't really think I can describe what you're seeing better than a screen-dump, so bring on the pictures! (Click them for bigger versions)


There are a lot of nice little details in the Ich Tu' Dir Weh video. One that really caught my eye was Schneider's drumstick trickery. He does a couple if nice little moves, and as nobody really gets to see him live I felt this should be highlighted:

Another thing that leapt out at me was how utterly gorgeous Olli looks. He's a good-looking dude on a bad day, and enhances that by being a bit of a closed book, but come on, this is just mad. CK model, anyone?

For random trivia you can't go past Schneider's feet, Richard's hand, or Paul's hide. I give you some great icons: Converse, Emigrate, and shurikens:



Another shot of Schneider that really tickled me was part of the bridge seizure-fest interleaved with Lindeman face-time. Since photos have been coming out of him with the long hair-do I've wondered what he'd look like with a beard, perhaps sporting a spiffing crown of thorns, and maybe a martyred look. Do you get my drift? Well whoever edited together this epileptic's nightmare obviously had the same thought. Christoph wins the Most Christ-like Award of 2009.

Now comes a run of Flake-loving. The man has that certain something. He's all personality and madness on stage. There's no ignoring Herr Doktor. What really got me pulling faces this time around was how damned evil he can appear. There's something about that rictus of a grin that makes me think of paper-clips and rubber bands around the ears, pulling the lips back.

Then there's the big ookie Flake-finger thingie he's got going on:









I don't know about you, but that just gives me the willies. It also opens up all sorts of possibilities in the boudoir... Go Flake!

He has some electrifying moments in the video, which I'll touch on next, but I have to raise the lovely keyboard effect first. Did you notice the glow? It's subtle and not pervasive, so I'm guessing a lot of people will have over-looked it in the madness of that editing, but it rocked me completely. It's definitely a highlight in my geeky little video experience, and I have to share the goods with you (note the normal finger size):


The aforementioned Flake-zappage rocks. He takes a full-body jolt near the end, but before that he gets a shot from the rear, which make me laugh out loud, because it reminded me of nothing so much as Bück Dich.


My last little Flakage is one you probably won't see unless you pause the playback at exactly the right moment. It was completely random luck that I found it at all. I was just pausing at random for the last closing stanza and landed on this baby - Flakey-no-legs:


You're probably wondering where Till is. This is, after all, a site centred around the Lindemann creature. I have some shots and words on this subject to share, but they, and a couple of blunders from the post-production team, will be forth-coming in the next installment.

God, I do go on...

[discuss]

1 comment: