2010-07-12

Vettel (Off-Topic)

I stayed up to watch the British Formula 1 Grand Prix. I got really worried at about half-past midnight NZT, as Sebastian kept losing time to his team-mate and Lewis, who held a solid lead at Silverstone. He wasn't his usual elegant self, and just didn't have the pace I have come to expect from both RBR cars. I was wondering what was going on, and then he landed a free catch-up in the form of a safety car, and he seemed to fire up and look more like his usual self.

I really love this driver, and he didn't let me down this time, ending classified seventh place from the back of the pack in lap one. I have a tendency to pick a driver and stick with them for a season, but I have been really impressed by Vettel for years now, and it has become stupidly important to me that he does well.

Oddly, it's Vettel, and my association of a German win with joy through him, that lead me to support Germany after New Zealand (undefeated baybee, yeah!) were eliminated from the World Cup, rather than Rammstein or any other aspect of German culture that I admire.

Pair that with the talented and likable Mark Webber and you have a team designed to hold my attention. Go RBR!

Okay, that's the end of my off-topicness for the day. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment