2010-02-23

Sometimes You Have to Wonder...

There is a group in Belarus, called the Council for Public Morality, which feels very strongly that Rammstein's live show will bring about dreadful behaviour in its citizens. Writers Union Chairman Nikolai Cherginets, who heads the group, had this to say:
"If what is shown during the concert is what the [Public Council for Morality] has been able to see, there will be an inevitable outburst of rapes and brutality in the Belarusian capital."

Are the people of Belarus such barbarians? I think not. This man has no respect for his fellow-citizens, their ability to act rationally, or their moral standards. Of course, if Belorussians have no critical faculties then he may be right. Belarus, please do comment if you feel yourself slipping into a sociopathic and/or sexually sadistic state when you listen to Rammstein. This could be a fascinating experiment. Thanks to Rammchick for the link.

Update 0914hrs: Now I consider it, I have to wonder if Cherginets is threatening to rape and brutalise Belrussians as a protest against Rammstein's live show. I recommend the Minsk Police incarcerate the man as a precaution.

6 comments:

  1. I was waiting this concert for years, and now, when Rammstein is almost here this marasmus and hypocrite council is going to ban so waiting here show!!! I'm upset. I'm in rage!!! Viva la liberte! I'm still hoping that Rammstein will come and play in Belarus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't you need fear that they won't. The idea of the people of Minsk being driven to rape and assault one another by Rammstein's show is a preposterous one, and I can't see how the authorities can give it any credence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Cherginets is crazy and sexually dissatisfied hamster. Most of Belarussians can determine by themselves what music to listen, and on what concert to go. Censore must be inside of man mind, but not proceed from government/dictate. So maybe Mr Cherginets feel himself into sexually sadistic/sociopatic state - but not me. I like music and energy of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. admin said...
    I don't you need fear that they won't.

    You know, there were precedents of cancelled concerts by initiative of Cherginets and Russian Orthodoxal Church. Cause of same reason. So there are reasons to worry about concert cancellation. Sorry for my poor english.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really?! That sucks. I really hope they don't do that in this case :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rammstein 2002 - cancelled by political reasons,
    Cannibal Corpse -2004,
    Cradle of filth -2009 - they were on belarussian custom 5 hours, and their bus with instruments 11 hours. Officially not cancelled but really... So I have reasons to worry.

    ReplyDelete