2010-02-04

Esmeria Mesmerises

Esmeria is a Herzeleid user who got relatively up close and personal with Rammstein in Manchester, and has kindly allowed me to post her story:
Arrived at MEN about 7, after mentally trying to destroy the traffic to move it out the way. Got inside the hall at about 7.15... somehow, inexplicably got right to the very front, in front of Richard's higher microphone Dancing I don't know how I did it, but there was just this big gap there, so me and another girl (hey Anna if you're reading!) filled it!

Combichrist - amazing, really cool and kinda destroyed their set.

So Rammstein come on, and they just... well, words fail me they were that fantastic (definately glad I'm going again!).

During Keine Lust, Till comes right over to my part of the barrier (still on stage) and sings some of the verse at me! Baring in mind I had a very low cut top on, this isn't hard to beleive Wink

A song or two later, one of Rammstein's crew was looking at me, so I started to think he was going to tell me to put my camera away- nope! He gave my an aftershow pass. By this point I'm almost dead.

During Ich Will, Till again comes over to my part and does his tounge thing at me, and a little dance/shuffle.

So the aftershow... we were made to wait at one of the seating blocks, for quite a while so we were wondering what exactly was going on. After about twenty minutes, and being told sternly that there is no smoking, they led us to a little room. It was pretty dark, and there was some weird electro music playing... cue thoughts of this being the new Saw movie in real life.

Not to fear, the guys from Combichrist all came out and chatted. By this point, and my lift home already well on the motorway, I started to think maybe Rammstein weren't coming and that I'd been a little hasty (I live in Hull, quite a way away!). But then Till and Flake came, and mingled... Till being as shy as he's known didn't say much (though he did admit to us that he couldn't understand our accents!).

Then Schneider came out, he was lovely- got a photo and had a little chat.

About ten minutes went by, and we didn't think the rest of the guys were coming down. Being an unashamed Richard fangirl, I was feeling a bit disappointed (met them at the signing back on London 05 were he wasn't there, too), but just as I was about to ask Till for a photo, Richard walked in Smile I can officially die happy... got two photos, and he really was lovely- out of all the guys, he spoke to me the longest and seemed genuinely greatful for us being there.

I'm still dazed... and can't really believe it all happened. Someone was obviously looking down on me and decided it was my lucky day!

I have many pics, the above ones most obviously included, so I'll post links tomorrow!

Roll on Brum, it won't live up to tonight but it will still be a damned good show Very Happy

Esmeria has uploaded some pictures, which I will post shortly, but she has more to come, so this could end up being something of a series. Thanks for sharing Esmeria!
[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment