2010-03-20

While Minsk Burns...

Here is a report and a series of videos from Rammstein's Minsk show. I haven't got around to watching the videos yet. I was distracted by a small detail in the report: it says that Alexander Kulinkovich attended the show with his family. I've done a little research, as I didn't know who he is, and it turns out his band, Neurodubel, has felt the sting of government interference as much as any band or artist in Belarus. Here is a link to a (PDF - Hidden Truths Music, Politics and Censorship in Lukashenko ́s Belarus) report about censorship in Belarus, in case you're interested. Kulinkovich is extensively cited, and sounds like a bit of a dude. I hope he and his family really enjoyed the show, and that his band is enjoying more freedom to perform since that report came out in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment