2011-03-12

Die Antwoord: 'Rammstein Blew My Fucking Brains Open'

Die Antwoord are a South African unit that played BDO alongside Rammstein this southern summer, and they're pretty awesome and very funky. An interview was recently posted in which they remark Rammstein. The Germans impress:
Do you feel like the place you want to make most of your music is South Africa?
Yolandi: Yeah we do all our stuff there.
Ninja: We’re not that big, the way we see things. We’re kind of just sticking our little heads out of the ground; we’ve emerged from nowhere.
Yolandi: We’re not as big as Rammstein.
Ninja: Rammstein are fucking cool. I saw them last night. I haven’t liked anything for so long until I saw them.
Yolandi: The fire!
Ninja: I was so sad this morning that it was yesterday and that it was finished.

Are you looking in the future to add flames and foam to your concert experience?
Ninja: Maybe at some point to add flames, but there’s a lot of different things I want to do now. Rammstein blew my fucking brains open for what you can do for concerts, but our concerts are still kind of raw and hardcore, but it’d be super cool to explode the sensory experience like that. They’re fucking amazing. I’m a huge fan all of a sudden. I always liked them from that one movie [Pussy]; that was the first time I thought they were pretty cool. After I saw them live I was like, “Jesus Christ, this is the coolest thing ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment