2010-05-03

Oh Noes!

I recently got a FB invite to join a group protesting Rammstein breaking up. I expect this is a reaction to the remarks Richard has made (thanks to the link ^_rammstein_finland_^ - original article) about how right now he can't see himself doing another Rammstein album.

I have read at least one other interview, months ago, in which he has said this. He seems to also say something to the effect of 'never say never' as well, so I think he is definitely talking about his immediate frame of mind. I have subsequently read interviews where he pretty much discusses a future Rammstein project (unplugged, by the sound of things), so I think people are suddenly taking his remarks much more seriously, and I'm not sure why.

Obviously, Rammstein will cease to exist one day. This is how it goes. This is the reality all music fans must face with regard to their favourite artists. It is fact. When it happens is not something I would care to predict, even with Richard's present feelings on the subject, and while I wouldn't be surprised if LIFAD were to end up being their final album (not counting reduxes), I will not go into mourning for Rammstein, or object to the idea of them splitting up. They've done well, and have given us a lot of great material. I love Rammstein, but they are individual people, with families, lives, feelings, ambitions, and probably a strong desire to just stop at some point. I hope it's not for another ten years or so, but doubt my hopes will be fulfilled.

Whatever they may do in future, they rock my world and will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment