2012-03-05

Wait...What?

I really need a Russian to check this out for me. It *seems* that it's about to become a crime to be gay in St Petersburg. It also seems that homosexuality is grouped with paedophilia (I feel dirty just typing that word), and that Rammstein are public offenders. According the article linked above homosexuality stopped being a mental illness there only 13 years ago, and stopped being a crime some six years prior to that. What I don't get is how this kind of fuckwittage can be allowed into positions of power. Did Russians really elect these officials? If so, WHY?

Okay, so Rammstein are good at causing offence. It's part of their charm. I'm not sure how a regulation like this can be applied retrospectively. A Russian lawyer would be really handy about now, to explain this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment