2010-08-15

Noise Collection - LILT does a 180

Okay, if you're a regular reader you will be aware that I bummed myself out recently when I checked out Combichrist's product, because I love their music, but am not a fan of Andy's vocal stylings.

Then today I found a Combichrist album in the NZ iTunes store that I hadn't previously checked out, so I went through the samples and found that Andy's acid-bath-screams seemed minimal. I took a punt and bought it, and I've been listening to it on and off all day.

The verdict? It's a solid and very stylish piece of viscerally percussive noise. The textures are varied and well-married, and it definitely has a sense of humour. In short, it rocks. In fact if I were playing it in my car rather than via my stupidly expensive canalphones I would definitely be feeling the beats in my liver. This makes me very happy. Check it out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment