2011-01-23

Big Day Out Photos

I will write the night up properly soon, but I wanted to share the photos Emma took of our Rammstein Night Out now, because I'm too tired still to do the detail justice, but pictures speak a thousand words.

A little back-story: I met an amazing woman on a Rammstein fan site, and we have become friends. We went to Auckland, stayed in a seedy little motel, she made up both up to look fabulous, and we went to the Big Day Out. The day before I ruptured a disk in my back, and as such was dosed up on antispasmodics and opiates, and she is seven months pregnant, so there was no indulgent drinking and we only went for Rammstein.

Without further preamble, here are the pictures:

Emma taking my photo in a mirror after she had made me up to look all glamorous:


The taxi ride to BDO:


Rammstein, live and flaming:


A bit more of that:


And even more:


And perhaps some more:


Drying off with coffee in the hospitality area with a lovely friend of mine who we met with there, before braving the crowds and the weather to try and get back to our motel:


I will post my write-up and a couple of videos Emma shot tomorrow. Photos are copyright 2011 Emma Waxenegger, because she rocks and took time out from head-banging to take photos, while I slacked off and just let rip.

No comments:

Post a Comment