2009-07-20

Community Rammagement

I'm starting a new project. It's entirely unrelated to LILT, aside from the fact that it's Rammstein-based, but it's going to go on quietly in the background in parallel with it, using the communities I'm now part of because of LILT and Rammstein.

I'm going to write a proposal for Pilgrim and Rammstein. I'm going to work very hard on it. I'm then going to bind it and post it to Pilgrim, Rammstein, Universal Music, and anyone else I can find with a stake in Rammstein. This proposal is going to include community management strategies and also ideas for building PR. I'm no PR expert, but I'm more up with community management and I've got a solid idea of how that ties in to PR. I may need to tap some PR experts for help with this.

Either way, I've decided that something has to change, or Rammstein's fan-base is going to suffer a serious reduction in numbers and a highly negative disillusionment if things continue as they have, most particularly as pertains to the issue of IP protection. The PR and community management for Rammstein is either non-existent or horribly bad. This must change.

Rammstein and Pilgrim can't rely on the intrinsic loyalty of their fans. Yes, it's intense. It's exceptionally strong, given the PR (or lack thereof) we've seen. It's not enough though. There needs to be some love flowing the other way. SOON.

If you have gripes about how the band is presented to the world, with the communications between the band and their fan-base, with the implementation of ideas such as the ticket roll-out last month, with any aspect of the band's public interface, please write to me. Send me your rants, your reasons, your broken hearts. I need them!

[discuss]

Update: I've realised that I will of course have to buy a Fan Arena membership to do this properly, but simply can't afford it at the moment. This may push out my time-frame of a couple of months to be a bit longer, but I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment