2009-09-17

What Pussy Does For Me

I was thinking the video might be on-topic (sex tourism), but it just seemed to be a big poke in the ribs, a woopie cushion on the chair, and a squirty rubber buttonhole as the kicker. Don't get me wrong. I don't feel strongly about them, but I did like both the video and the song. I do have to append 'not as much as I'd hoped I would' though, because I guess I set the bar too high for this particular track. I feel much less than I think I should, given that this is the first Rammstein track out in a long time. I figured there'd be something sparking in me. I expected the song to inspire passion of some kind, if not the video, but I feel a mild amusement, and a quiet enjoyment. Where are the fireworks?

I smiled throughout though. It's very tongue-in-cheek, very wry, and rather cheesy, and they've pretty much now laid the smack down on those lame hip-hop/R'n'B videos, with all the hot chicks rubbing bare bits against fully clothed men, implying a lot, but not delivering. How d'you like them apples, bitches?

I'm just glad that every sign points to this track being unique on this album, because I really don't want my feelings about LIFAD to be tepid, flaccid, or gentle. I want it to burn me up.

[discuss]

No comments:

Post a Comment